Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Staycation vs Mancation

Well.....just a few more hours and then I'm officially on Staycation!  I haven't done one in soooo long and I can't wait.  It'll be 6 days of sleeping late, sitting around in my pajamas, sewing, crafting, baking, eating (the calories you eat on Staycation don't count!), watching tv, sipping wine and champagne and soaking in the hot tub.  Absolutely heavenly.

And while I'm on Staycation Col. Sew Fab is on a Mancation in Chile.  He'll have a week full of mountain biking, white water rafting and volcano climbing.  So he'll be enjoying his version of heaven too!

But you won't believe what happened before he left!  I had been talking babbling about how I want to make a dollhouse size bakery while he was packing for his trip and he said "let's build your dream dollhouse bakery together over Christmas break.  Just buy all the supplies while I'm gone."  Seriously!  I'm not kidding!  Yes - I realize that he's a keeper!!!  And I also realize that I already have a million craft and sewing projects going on.....more projects than I could finish in a decade.....but that was an offer I CAN'T REFUSE.  Soooo.....add online shopping to the list of things I'll be doing while on Staycation!  Yippee!

Hugs,
Jenny

P.S.  Take a peek at my Pinterest board called "Cupcake Shop Ideas" if you want to see what I'm planning for my dreamy, pink, heavenly little cupcake shop!

P.P.S.S.  If you're not on Pinterest just send me an e-mail or leave your e-mail in a comment and I'll send you an invitation to join.  They keep the spammers out by making it "invitation only."

3 comments:

mom said...

what a wonderful staycation you are planning!!! and there isn't enough money in the world to make me do the volcano climbing, mtn biking, etc on the mancation. i definitely think your plans are better.

Missy Shay said...

What a wonderful husband, that will be quite a memory for you two! I often wondered why pinterest was invitation only, that makes a lot of sense.

Gill said...

Hi Jenny,
Love the sound of your plans for Christmas! What a catch you have there, it's as much as some of us can manage to get our men to bend a bit of wire or cut a bit of wood without mumbles of disapproval! Enjoy your Christmas and I look forward to seeing your cupcake shop in progress!