Saturday, July 21, 2012

Beaks and Feet and Owls, Oh My!

It's a miracle!  I've FINALLY finished cutting and fusing all of the wool beaks and feet for Hooterville.  What should have taken a couple hours for a normal person took me about a year to accomplish.  Better late than never, right?
Owl Quilt by Brandywine Designs
And now I have a dilemma and I need some advice.  These are the original Hooterville Trees.....and as I started looking at them I started realizing that the tree in the upper left is a lot darker than the other trees and kind of looks out of place.......
Pink and Green Owl Quilt by Brandwine Designs
And then I grabbed this Pam Kitty Morning Green Plaid fabric to see how it would look in place of the dark green dots......
Pink and Green Owl Quilt
And wow!  It looks a lot better, doesn't it?  I even showed it to Mr. Sew Fab who said "Yeah....it totally balances it out."  Don't you just love it when a man can make a comment that's a little more thoughtful than "it's nice."  I was VERY impressed.  Anyway....what do you think?  Do I need to make a new plaid tree?  I do, don't I?

I'm off to go practice my wool applique blanket stitch....

Happy Sewing,
Jenny

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I think either tree works. Your quilt, your call. The owls won't tell if you sneak some pam kitty in there. Way cute owls by the way.

sandra said...

Hi Jenny I think I like the dark green the best because in nature we don't get matchy but the other one looks nice too so it depends on what you like.

Anonymous said...

I like the dark one-and the block that ties it together is the striped tree, b/c it has both dark & light green. Of course, it is a personal preference and not my quilt--LOL!!

The owls are SO cute. Am looking forward to seeing the finish!

Billy'sgirl said...

I like the plaid!But either would be pretty. You have been busy this week!