Saturday, December 17, 2011

Staycation, Sinuses and Sewing

Hey there! How've you been? I've been up, down and all around......First, I had my Staycation which was AMAZING! It was absolutely heavenly to take a few days to relax, recharge my brain and just veg-out. The only rule was to do whatever I felt like doing at that moment. And eat lots of wonderful food. On my first night of Staycation I made a new dish which I'll call "Lobster a la Jenny." It was lobster tail on sushi rice with spinach and beurre blanc sauce. Mmmmm.....
And then my afternoon snack on most days of the Staycation looked like this......
Fancy cheeses with a drizzle of honey and a glass of champagne. And while we're on the subject of champagne, I want to thank whoever started putting wine and champagne in those little single serving bottles. It's pure genius!

And I had to make one of my all time favorite dinners for my last night of Staycation.....The Cowboy Roll. It's a sushi roll made with Filet Mignon (which I cooked first of course!), avocado and that slightly spicy Japanese sauce that you make by mixing mayo with sriracha until it tastes right to you....
And I actually finished piecing the quilt top for the Living Room Quilt....
If you've been following along you know I started making this very simple quilt about 6 months ago....and it's still not done! I'm great at starting projects.....but finishing them is another matter entirely!

And after a few days of "catch up" work after the Staycation I came down with a wicked, evil, mean and nasty sinus infection/flu type thing. It's now 10 days later and I'm just starting to feel normal again. Whew. Being sick is no fun! I'm actually looking forward to doing laundry, ironing and dishes simply because I feel good enough to get off the sofa!

I hope you're having a healthy and happy holiday season so far! Be back soon....

Happy Sewing,
Jenny

P.S. I have a confession to make.....I may have started watching The Vampire Diaries on NetFlix while I was sick. I may have spent a few days watching it all....day....long. I may be having strange dreams involving vampires these days. Do you think less of me now? If you do, just pretend I didn't say that. I actually meant to say that I was watching a Masterpiece Theater marathon, o.k.?

2 comments:

PamKittyMorning said...

Oh so funny. Love the idea of drinking mini champagne. I have to goto the store in a while...anyway thanks for the tip on vampire diaries. We are always looking for marathon tv shows for those tv kind of days.

Larri said...

Glad you enjoyed your staycation. Sorry to hear about your sinuses. Totally impressed with your gourmet cooking skills. LOVE the idea of single serve champagne. Adding it to my grocery list. I won't think ill of you for watching Vampire Diaries, if you won't think ill of me for watching every episode of Good Luck Charlie. ☺ Happy Sunday!